Newbie needs software to receive faxes via serial modem or otherwise

Ylan Segal ylan.segal at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 01:57:15 UTC 2006

john d. herron wrote:

> Thanks, Ylan.
> I've adept-installed efax-gtk; it appears in the KDE Office applications
> menu.
> On first start-up I'm presented with an initial dialog window.
> The message pane displays "Socket running on port 9900".
> I'd like to go into standby (i.e. automatic receive) mode, so I click
> the "Standby" button.

I have never pressed that button! Really, I don't know what it does!

As far as how I use it: I just open it when I need to send a fax, select the
ps file I want to send, type the number and click on send. Same for
receiving, I just click on receive when the phone is ringing.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Maybee a efax mailing list?

--
Ylan