Kubuntu 6.10 and performance (speed).

Serg B. sergicles at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 23:15:07 UTC 2006

I installed 6.10 the other day to see how it was, I saw, I puked, I
went back to 6.01

I found that the boot process is faster. That's a good thing.
Everything was even more shiny - in fact it resembled Vista in regards
to theme. Unfortunately for me it has also inherited the speed of
Vista. I found that the general performance of X was much slower then
what I had on the version prior to Edgy (6.10 I think it is - Dapper).

Is this normal?

Am I the only one who has experienced this?

Why does this happen?

Top and ps didn't show anything out of the ordinary so I am a little
confused as to why the new version of the OS runs slower then the one
before it.

--
Serg