cinelerra compilation, apt dependency problem

Fred Schaer fred.schaer at wanadoo.fr
Mon Nov 13 19:56:26 UTC 2006

Thanks...
I already tried to install this one by adding the dapper repos, but it
didn't want to install :

It said things about strange dependencies :
depends libfaac0 (>= 1.24+cvs20060416) but 1.24clean-0ubuntu4 will be
installed .... ????

I'm not very sure what's the difference between those two...nor how the
dependency is resolved (isn't 1.24 >= 1.24 ? The "+cvs20060416 seem
strange toi interpret a version...)

I found the ubuntu post where it was said to use another repository, for
the mjpegtools... and now it agrees to install :]
Great !
And too bad latest version isn't available :'(

I think I'll give compilation (of latest version) another try - and try
to solve dev packages dependencies...

Regards !