Advice for possible convert to Ubuntu

Vayu vayu at sklinks.com
Mon Nov 13 20:52:52 GMT 2006

Renaud (Ron) Olgiati wrote:
> On Monday 13 November 2006 17:05, my mailbox was graced by a missive
>  from Vayu <vayu at sklinks.com> who wrote:
>

>> If you only want one user then that user is a regular user until they
>> use sudo then their password has the power of admin.
>>

> My users are _users_ not _admins_.
>
> They do _not_ use sudo, or login as root, or anything similar.
>
> And they will stay that way, as I do not want to have to reinstall Linux every
> week as I used to do with Windows.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ron.
> --

If you want a root user you can do that, it's just not the default.

I'm not sure what issue you are having.  Do the install, the user
created during the install will be your user (who you can consider as
root user when that user uses sudo).  Then add new users.  Each of the
subsequent users will not have any admin abilities.