moz & seamonkey both hosed

anthony baldwin anthonybaldwin at optonline.net
Mon Nov 13 03:38:25 UTC 2006

Hi...

I don´t know what I did...
I tried to install some Mozilla Dictionary extension...that´s the only
thing I can think of...but it did NOT successfully install.
Anyway, since then, the top navigation bar (with: file edit view, etc.)
is basically gone.  I mean, I can see where it is supposed to
be, but it is way tiny, and none of the menus are visible or accessible.
And the status bar at the bottom now lacks the former icons to open
moz-mail, composer, address-book, etc.
Basically, moz is crippled, and lacking important function, for which
LOVE it.

I DLed the seamonkey project, to give that a shot, anyway, and it is
functional, except the status bar on that is
HUGE, taking up a good two inches of screen real estate, which basically
sucks.

Sure, I have Firefox and Thunderbird installed but THEY SUCK!  Why?
clicking on a mailto: link in Firefox
does absolutely nothing.  clicking on a link within a mail message in
Thunderbird does absolutely nothing.
I would have to go through a lot of annoying copying & pasting.  And
Firefox doesn´t tell you when Thunderbird has received a message, but
Moz, while I am reading or working online, tells me that new mail has
arrived.
I need all of that functionality for my work, thus, I choose to have an
integrated browser/mail suite (yeah, I and I sometimes
even use composer for some basic page editing, too.  It´s simple and
lightweight, has both wysiwyg and html tabs,
and is integrated with my browser...or was, until Moz stopped working).
I would get better performance with
Konq and Kmail, but I don´t like Kmail (I like Konq, I´ll admit).

So...anyway, I´m not here to start a browser war...I just want my
beloved Mozilla working functionally, or, Seamonkey to not have a 2 inch
status bar.  Tanto faz.

Any ideas?
Thanks
abraços