Kubuntu Screencast

Hawkwind hawkwind at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 20:16:57 UTC 2006

On 11/12/06, Daniel 'Fremen' Llewellyn <diddledan at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 12/11/06, ac <"aec$news"@candt.waitrose.com> wrote:
> > Tez wrote:
> > > Ok, I gave this whole screencast thing a go, it's on upgrading
> packages,
> > > like Alans last one, but for Kubuntu. It's not what you'd call
> in-depth
> > > but  I tried to cover the same stuff Alan went over in his one. It's
> > > about 7 mins long and covers the Adept updater and Adept package
> > > manager, which was fun because I actually use Synaptic and
> > > update-notifier as I severely hate Adept :-P .
> > > Before you look at it, just remember I'm not popey, I'm a guy from
> B'ham
> > > so I don't have "The voice of the balls".
> > > The screencast is on google:
> > > http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5676029952918957384
> >
> > I am not ssure why, but I am not seeing any video, but the voiceover
> > is great. (New install here, so may not be fully configured)
> >
> > I really like the b'ham voice - be sure to keep it!
>
> actually I wouldn't have said it sounded very "brummy" at all, more
> like my own accent (I'm from down south in hampshire, but don't have
> the hampshire "drawl"). I was very impressed with the screencast, and
> thought that it was very professionally put together. I also would
> like to know how you did it, as I only know of vnc2swf, which produces
> flash files which are pretty much useless.
>
> --
> Regards,
>     Daniel "Fremen" Llewellyn

Pretty safe to say he used 'screenkast' for *Ubuntu or something like wink.
I have screenkast packages on my SoS repo for *Ubuntu.  You can find the
information here:  http://seerofsouls.com

Wink can be found here:  http://www.debugmode.com/wink/

--
With kind regards,

Cliff Wade (Hawkwind)
Registered Linux User #362532 Registered Kubuntu User #331
http://seerofsouls.com http://linuxfordummies.org http://urpmi-addmedia.org
IRC Channels (irc.freenode.net): #LFD #Kubuntu #Ulteo