Can't start DVD iso installation...

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Wed Nov 8 20:34:00 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 08 November 2006 1:29 pm, Johnny Ernst Nielsen wrote:

> There are some KDE IO errors still though, which I suspect to be the
> problem.
> I have no idea what sort of IO they are though.

Hrm.  Neither do I.

> kdeinit: Fatal IO error: client killed

> kded: Fatal IO error: client killed

I wonder how to find out.

Maybe you could go into the xterm from xinit and try to run kdeinit and/or
kded directly, and see if they report anything useful when run that way.

I don't know.  If I had the box in front of me, I might be able to puzzle this
out, or I might not.  It feels no better than 50/50 if I were sitting at your
keyboard.

You have a much bigger problem than I was betting with the previous
suggestions, that's for sure.  I don't think I've ever faced something as
broken as what you're looking at right now.

You need an expert, not a generalist like me.  I'm not sure where to suggest
you go to find that expert either, I'm afraid.

Very sorry.

--
D. Michael McIntyre

Author of Rosegarden Companion http://rosegarden.sourceforge.net/tutorial/