Apt Dependency Issue-libdivxdecore0-binary

Tez binary_y2k2 at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Nov 7 17:18:37 UTC 2006

Leonard Chatagnier wrote:

>> Make sure you have the repository's in your
>> sources.list, I have a fully
>> updated Edgy will all those packages installed,
>> except kino which is
>> installable.
>>
>> Tez
>>

> Thanks again. I have this in my sources.list:
>
> # Flash 9
> deb http://3v1n0.tuxfamily.org/ dapper 3v1n0
>
> AIR, I copied this directly from the list to be able
> to install flash 9 (beta?) and several other pkgs came
> with the upgrade. Think the mirror is correct. Is it?
> Or do I need to change dapper to edgy?
>
> Strange, added mirror to get flash9 and the upgrade
> was the only one I had trouble with AFAICR. Although
> locate finds some entries for flash9
> (usr/share/haxe/flash9/*), wajig whichpkg, apt search,
> show yields nothing for flash9. An install flash9 also
> doesn't find the pkg. Finally discovered the correct
> pkg name, flashplayer-nonfree, which didn't install
> although no errors to that effect. So, I did another
> -f install which rmed 57 pkgs(none neded or wanted)
> and installed gnome.desktop and some others. No
> flashplayer-nonfree, so manually installed. However,
> flashplugin-nonfree doesn't show up in mozilla about
> plugins. Rmed pluginreg.dat and restarted kde but
> still not any flash* entries in about.plugins. Do I
> need to copy
> /usr/share/app-install/desktop/flashplugin-nonfree.desktop
> to somewhere in my $HOME dir to get it to show and
> work? /etc/init.d/flashplugin-nonfree restart gave no
> errors and outputted this:
>  * Restarting ESD-mode for Macromedia Flash
> Sorry to milk this thread but all related to the last
> upgrade to install flash*-nonfree. Appreciate any
> comments/suggestions to get flash*-nonfree functioning
> properly.
>

> Leonard Chatagnier
> lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net

I used the Adobe download [1] site to manually install flash 9 and have
had no problems so I don't know about that reop. But lookin at it there
are 2 packages flashplayer-nonfree and flashplugin-nonfree, the 1st one
is just a standalone player and the 2nd one is the plugin. Make sure
that's installed.

[1] http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer9.html

Tez