Apt Dependency Issue-libdivxdecore0-binary

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 7 16:24:47 UTC 2006

> Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
>snip>
> Everything
> > seems to be installed ok except for 4 packages in
> that
> > same upgrade that appears not to have the
> dependencies
> > in place. Those packages are:
> >
> > gtk2-engines-gtk-qt
> > kdebluetooth
> > kino
> > wpasupplicant
> > all from the 3v1no/kde or net section.
> > Don't know why the packages are marked upgradable
> but
> > the dependencies are unavailable. This is a new
> repos
> > just added and don;t know much about it. Surely
> > Kubuntu wouldn't do that.
> > Again, thanks for your great help.
> >

> Make sure you have the repository's in your
> sources.list, I have a fully
> updated Edgy will all those packages installed,
> except kino which is
> installable.
>
> Tez

Thanks again. I have this in my sources.list:

# Flash 9
deb http://3v1n0.tuxfamily.org/ dapper 3v1n0

AIR, I copied this directly from the list to be able
to install flash 9 (beta?) and several other pkgs came
with the upgrade. Think the mirror is correct. Is it?
Or do I need to change dapper to edgy?

Strange, added mirror to get flash9 and the upgrade
was the only one I had trouble with AFAICR. Although
locate finds some entries for flash9
(usr/share/haxe/flash9/*), wajig whichpkg, apt search,
show yields nothing for flash9. An install flash9 also
doesn't find the pkg. Finally discovered the correct
pkg name, flashplayer-nonfree, which didn't install
although no errors to that effect. So, I did another
-f install which rmed 57 pkgs(none neded or wanted)
and installed gnome.desktop and some others. No
flashplayer-nonfree, so manually installed. However,
flashplugin-nonfree doesn't show up in mozilla about
plugins. Rmed pluginreg.dat and restarted kde but
still not any flash* entries in about.plugins. Do I
need to copy
/usr/share/app-install/desktop/flashplugin-nonfree.desktop
to somewhere in my $HOME dir to get it to show and
work? /etc/init.d/flashplugin-nonfree restart gave no
errors and outputted this:
 * Restarting ESD-mode for Macromedia Flash
Sorry to milk this thread but all related to the last
upgrade to install flash*-nonfree. Appreciate any
comments/suggestions to get flash*-nonfree functioning
properly.

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net