Edgy Difficulty (PowerPC Version)

James Tappin sjt at star.sr.bham.ac.uk
Thu Nov 2 13:41:56 UTC 2006

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 07:46:13 +1100
Irena and Richard Jenkins <richard.jenkins at internode.on.net> wrote:

IARJ> Hello there ...
IARJ>
IARJ> I've broken one of my own rules ... and kept on updating the
IARJ> release candidate of Kubuntu Edgy for my powerpc.  It's an iMac
IARJ> ... and it was working well.  Basically I had installed it and
IARJ> everything worked... giving me the confidence to use it as my
IARJ> desktop machine.
IARJ>
IARJ> Now the problem is that after the last update in early October
IARJ> (around the 8th) I can log in correctly ... and the machine starts
IARJ> up.  However, after that NOTHING I type on the keyboard appears on
IARJ> the screen.  I cannot enter passwords, etc ...for getting my mail.
IARJ>  I cannot enter URL's for Konqueror, and  I am just stuck with
IARJ>  starting programs (from the applications menu).  Please tell me
IARJ>  this is simple to fix!!

For me this occurs with gb layout and macintosh keyboard, either setting
keyboard to pc105 or layout to us works -- each has its advantages and
disadvantages. Actually it's not quite true (at least in my case) that
nothing can be typed, characters on the top row (numbers, their shifts
and -, = etc) do work.

See bug number 51003.

James

| James Tappin           | School of Physics & Astronomy |  O__    |
| sjt at star.sr.bham.ac.uk | University of Birmingham      | --  \/` |
| Ph: 0121-414-6462. Fax: 0121-414-3722                  |         |