Problems with Dapper RC1 and KDE 3.5

Joe Hart j.hart at hccnet.nl
Wed May 31 11:26:43 UTC 2006

HG wrote:
> Kubuntu is quite easy for a nexbie...
> I was sticking to mandriva because their easy
> configuring sharing internet...
> with kub i did it even better so i delete all old thing and xp by the
> way...
> at least free...
> If i need xp vmware emulate it greatly...
> And now i even have my webcam working on amsn... for audio i use
> teamspeaker ...
> so i can talk with my xp friends and see them
> great .. thanks to kubuntu :)

I'm working on doing the same.  I found the thread in the ubuntu forums
that says exactly how create a vmx for VMWare player, but I still
haven't found the time to do it.  Once I get it working, then it's bye
bye dual booting.  There are only two programs that I need XP for
anyway, and unfortunately they don't work in wine.  At least not yet.

One I can get a good Linux replacement, but it's command line only so
I'll have to write a script to control it, but the other, well, no such
luck.

Regards,

Joe