[Fwd: Re: DVD Playback]

Rick Chagouri-Brindle rcb at digitalanswers.biz
Sun May 21 22:16:04 UTC 2006

Howard Coles Jr. wrote:
> On Sunday 21 May 2006 10:42 am, Rick Chagouri-Brindle wrote:
>
>> Thilo Six wrote:

>> Check:
> 1.  The DVD Rom drive.  It could be having a problem reading DVDs.
> 2.  The Cache settings in the player software.  This made a HUGE difference
> for me.  The problem is that its been working for so long, I can't direct you
> to how to find it.
>
> If you can play the DVDs in another machine, I would be your having some
> hardware issues.  I use the same version as you and have had no problems
> playing DVDs.

Thanks for your thoughts, but no joy, I'm afraid.

1) Reads DVDs perfectly under Kubuntu Breezy and WindowsXP
2) I'm not sure how to check this, but I will do some investigating,
thanks!!!

I can't see how it can be purely hardware issues, because everything
worked perfectly under Breezy and Windows.

Perhaps it is something in Dapper that doesn't like my brand off DVD drives?