Deleting earlier Kernel Versions

Betti Ann & Preston Smith prsmith at ns.sympatico.ca
Sun May 21 17:55:20 UTC 2006

Good day all!

AS my system is updated I notice from the GRUB menu that I now have a
total of four kernel versions on my system

How do I go about deleting the earlier versions and totally removing
them from my system?

When I delete a kernel is grub updated or do I have to manually do the
update?

In the Grub menu I default to XP so that my wife will always have her
O/S of choice.  Presently after each update I increment the Default
statement by 2 to keep XP as the default.  Is there a statement other
than Default that I can use so that I do not have to manually intervene?

Thank you and enjoy the weekend.

Preston