Spell check in Kate

Tez binary_y2k2 at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun May 14 15:10:56 UTC 2006

Vayu wrote:

>On Saturday 13 May 2006 15:55, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>

>>I don't have that! Under KDE Components I have only the Services
>>Manager and KDE Resources (both translated). I wonder why that is. Er,
>>why could that be?
>>

>That might be your problem.  That is the place (Kcontrol/KDE Componants/Spell
>Checker) that I had to go and change the client to Aspell from Ispell.  I
>wish I could tell you why your Kcontrol doesn't have that option.

Ok, in Ubuntu there are 2 versions of kcontrol, the one that comes with
KDE and
one that comes with Ubunut. To get in to the KDE version you need to
click on the
K Menu, click "Run Command" and type in kcontrol. Click "Run" and the
origional
KDE kcontrol will come up. The Spell Checker menu will be in "KDE
Componants".
The Ubuntu version is easyer to use for people new to Linux or KDE so
thats the
default, but more "advanced" users tend to use KDE's version. (or just
edit the
configuration files in /etc :-p)

Terence Simpson