root issues

Aaron J. Shafenberg aaronjames at shafenberg.com
Fri May 12 10:43:43 UTC 2006

I'm extremely new to Linux, let alone each individual distribution of it;
you have to start somewhere though! So bare with me please.

I have installed Kubuntu 5.1 Breezy on my laptop which is a Dell Inspiron
6000, the install goes smoothly and I'm able to log into Kubuntu with no
problems. its after the log in when I'm trying to configure certain items
that it tells me I need to get root access, I provide my password and
sometimes it works and I'm able to change what I want and sometimes it won't
work.  It won't allow root logins so is there a way that I can login without
always needing to click the "Administrator Mode" button so that I'm freely
able to configure what I want?

Aaron