K3b permissions issues.

Gabriel Dragffy dragffy at yandex.ru
Sun May 7 07:44:36 UTC 2006

Problem solved! At least for now anyway. For the benefit of anyone else
experiencing the same thing or anyone searching the list for answers here's
what I did (googling didn't help much):
add "sg" line to /etc/modules  without the "

then add "chgrp cdrom/dev/sg0" to /etc/init.d/bootmich.sh
before the exit 0 line.

K3b SETUP should change the group of sg0 to cdrom but for some odd reason it
thinks my burner is on sg1 so it alters the wrong one.
This seems to work fine but I don't know how it would fair if I had multiple
sg? devices and plugged/unplugged them in various orders.

Any more elegant solutions are welcome!