Stored passwords in Konqueror

Michel D'HOOGE michel.dhooge at gmail.com
Sat May 6 11:20:17 UTC 2006

> Not that I know of, but I'd love to see that feature added.  Opera is
> the only browser I'm aware of with that feature. It will ask if you want
> to save it "for this page, for entire domain, etc).

Firefox is more simple than Opera but still really convenient. It just
stores the domain name and provides you in the text field with all the
available tuples: you only have to choose the one matching your need (IMO
this behaviour is better than to have to provide the same password each time
the URL changed a bit).

> 2) Is it possible to use more than one kdewallet in konqueror
> Yes. Open wallet manager.  From the menu select."File" then "New Wallet".

This one I did. But then? I created an "important" wallet in addition to the
default one. Now, how can I configure konqueror to use (ideally) both? Or at
least, on startup, choose which one must be selected?

> > (besides the local one which I don't know when it is used BTW)?
> Assuming you have it running, it would be used all the time, if you
> configured it to do so when you first set it up.

m'yes. Not obvious so far :-(
--
Michel