Where can I find the changelogs to the "ubuntuXY" updates of KDE?

Michel D'HOOGE michel.dhooge at gmail.com
Wed May 3 06:41:45 UTC 2006

As a follow-on, I compared 2 versions of a package (KJots in this
case, but I believe it could have been many others). And here are the
results:

$ dpkg -x kjots_4%3a3.5.2-0ubuntu4_i386.deb kjots4
$ dpkg -x kjots_4%3a3.5.2-0ubuntu7_i386.deb kjots7
$ diff -r kjots?
Binary files kjots4/usr/share/doc/kjots/changelog.Debian.gz and
kjots7/usr/share/doc/kjots/changelog.Debian.gz differ

So the only change is the changelog! Not very useful :-(

However I guess that since many packages are created from a single
source (kdeutils from kjots), the maintainer has to choose between
spending time filtering which packages are really impacted and doing
other more interesting things. Time is money and maintainers' time is
more precious than bandwidth :-)
--
Michel