Kubuntu Dapper + K3b - destroying my dvd's

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Mon May 1 14:46:38 UTC 2006

Robert Parker wrote:

> On 5/1/06, Morten Gerdsen <morten at unschooling.dk> wrote:
>>
>> I recently installed Kubuntu Dapper Beta (fresh install), and k3b is
>> acting kinda crazy.
>
> K3b seems to me to be the least necessary app in Kubuntu. Have a look
> at cdrecord and growisofs in the man pages.

Funny - many Gnome users use K3b, considering it the _only_ necessary app
from Kubuntu.  The average user these days isn't interested in using
cdrecord and growisofs when there's a GUI app available.

In any case, it's just using cdrecord and growisofs, so if he gets the
detailed output from k3b, he can then destroy his DVDs from the command
line, too.
--
derek