Need to fix badly-mounted partition.

ian mooney easyease at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Mar 21 09:47:33 UTC 2006

hi ive been having similar problems..... i have am dual booting windows and
ubuntu but when i have left a windows session and tried to reboot into
ubuntu i keep getting an error message and the instruction to run fsck
manually. then when its supposodly fixed i "startx" and it takes me to a
empty desktop. i have to physically restart my pc to get back to my desktop.
never had this problem before untill last week.