Help! I'm an idiot (posted this as "a shout" like an idiot)...

David A' Rebel obsidion at xtra.co.nz
Sun Mar 19 20:06:32 UTC 2006

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 09:43:45 -0700
Elswood <blaine.elswood at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am completely new to kubuntu; installed the latest breezy badger (to get a
> divorce from Windows); and am having the common problem of getting sound from
> CD drive (although it plays) and DVD drive.

  If it is an audio cd then there are a couple of solutions. I suspect that the cd/dvd drive does not have an audio cable. Either connect one, this will be less cpu hungry, or enable digital sound on your player. You haven't told us which one you are using.

David

--
*~~~~~DaKar
Impotence : out of ardour