FREE CD FOR LINUX O/S

Vayu vayu at sklinks.com
Sun Mar 12 18:02:56 UTC 2006

On Sunday 12 March 2006 03:43, Hamster wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 18:26:14 -0800
> jimbo <gredo at rebelbase.com> wrote:
>
> > I really don't see why everyone gets so bent about html mail, but
> > whatever.  it's off.  i hope i can somehow make up for my
> > transgression.
>
> Because it makes emails unnecessarily long and doesn't actually add
> any value to them. Not everyone is sitting on broadband you know.
>
> It also really screws up mailing lists in digest format.
>
> Given the sheer volume of html spam, you'll find most people
> automatically bin html email anyway.
>
> Netiquette exists for a reason - get a clue and show some consideration
> for other people.

The poster you're describing as clueless and inconsiderate is using his own
time and postage to send someone in Malaysia a CD.  I find that aware and
considerate.

I experience everything you describe as well, however before netiquette comes
etiquette and on top of that, reprimanding != educating.

I agree with the content of your post. Assuming it's GPL, I've upgraded it to
the next minor version:

> > I really don't see why everyone gets so bent about html mail

HTML makes emails unnecessarily long. It is particularly disruptive to those
without broadband.

It also really screws up mailing lists in digest format.

Given the sheer volume of html spam, you'll find some people
automatically bin html email anyway.