KDE Volume Control Settings

Dawid Wróbel dawid at klej.net
Fri Mar 3 16:33:39 UTC 2006

On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 10:59:55 -0500 "Brad De Vries"
<devriesbj at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have to ask, why make it so complex.
I don't find it complex at all, it's quite simple actually :)

> If the changes were linear but
> the increments were simply smaller, you'd get exactly what I'd want.
That's partially true. For a human ear, if the volume is low, small
volume increase makes more significant difference than for a higher
volume. Saying logarithmic I meant that, for e.g., up to 20% of volume
the volume increase steps should be smaller than above these 20%. The
next level cold be 60% for example. I find this idea usable especially
for headphones users, as they can distingiush volume changes more.

> the faster you move it the further it goes.  For volume control, the
> longer I hold the button down for increase or decrease, the greater
> the increments of change.
Isn't that the same what I wrote? For you the factor determining
logarithmic increments of volume change is the time while the button is
pressed, for my idea it was the current volume level determining
increments.

--
Regards