KDE Volume Control Settings

Brad De Vries devriesbj at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 15:59:55 UTC 2006

On 3/3/06, Dawid Wróbel <dawid at klej.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 11:38:55 +0200 "Dotan Cohen"
> <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote
>
> > When I raise and lower the systme volume by using the volume keys on
> > my keyboard, I have these denominations of volume: 0%, 10%, 19%, 26%,
> > 53%, 42% 51%, 58%, 64%, 71%, 80%, 87%, 93% and 100%
> >
> > I would like to adjust these denominations. 0% -> 10% is especially
> > annoying.
> This scale should definetely be logaritmic, as that's compilant with
> our sens of hearing. Therfore when volume is very low it would be
> increased/decreased with little steps and the higher the volume is, the
> bigger increase steps are used.
>
> > here are these denominations stored?
> I am affraid that it could be hardcoded in the kde mixer soft you're
> using.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Dawid Wróbel

I have to ask, why make it so complex.  If the changes were linear but
the increments were simply smaller, you'd get exactly what I'd want.
All too often I'm trying to adjust the sound a little bit and I simply
can't.

The only time I'd want it more complex, it would work like your mouse,
the faster you move it the further it goes.  For volume control, the
longer I hold the button down for increase or decrease, the greater
the increments of change.

Brad.