Evolution problem

ARTHUR ALEXION art.alexion at verizon.net
Fri Mar 3 16:04:28 UTC 2006

--- Richard Crawford <rscrawford at mossroot.com> wrote:

> On Thursday 02 March 2006 14:42, Frank Arnold wrote:

> > I am having a problem with supposedly live links
> > in Evolution mail. They do not call either
> Konqueror
> > or Firefox forcing me to cut and paste the links
> to activate
> > them. Any leads to a fix would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> I assume that you're using KDE even though you're
> using Evolution.  This is
> the only suggestion I can come up with, and I don't
> know if it will work.
>
> Got to the KDE menu, then go to Settings, then KDE
> components, then File
> Associations.  In the dialogue box that follows,
> click on the + next to
> "text", then click on "html".  To select a specific
> application to open html
> documents with, click on "Add..." and then select
> the program you want.

It has been a few years, and no doubt many version
changes ago, that I tested evolution on Red Hat 7.3.

At that time I subscribed to a rather robust Evolution
users list, and this issue arose periodically.  The
solution, then, was to modify an Evolution xml
configuration file -- I can't recall the name.

I would try searching the archives of the evolution
list for a solution.

--
artAlexion