doubt about installation in vmWare

Adeilson M Campos Jr adeilsonjunior at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 23:32:47 UTC 2006

okay fellas, i have to tell you i am a newbie trying to get in the linux
world...

now im using vmware 5.5 and there is now a different error, check it out:
"no installable kernel was found in the defined APT sources. The current
default kernel package is 'kernel-image'. You may try to continue though
this rather strange error is probably fatal."

What the heck is happening, gentlemen??????????

ps: im installing from the iso image.
ps2:it happens in the install base system phase.
ps3:i use the first option in the partition disk phase.

On 3/2/06, Gabriel Dragffy <dragffy at yandex.ru> wrote:

> As far as I knew the kernel for linux was the first thing loaded and
> before
> anything else. It could be a prob with the download although you did check
> it.
>
> I had a queer download of breezy and hit something similar during install
> in
> my vmware (5.5), re-downloading the image worked. I guess the sure answer
> as
> to having a corrupt archive is to md5 sum it?
> Gabe
>

> On Thursday 02 March 2006 01:49, Adeilson M Campos Jr wrote:
> > hello guys
> > I am trying to install kubuntu in vmWare and when the base system is
> being
> > installed there is an error
> > Is there something I must do in vmware or am I doing anything wrong?
> >

> > --
> > Adeilson M. Campos Jr.

Adeilson M. Campos Jr.