fakeRAID instructions applied to Kubuntu

Christopher J. Bottaro cjbottaro at alumni.cs.utexas.edu
Sun Jun 18 19:13:19 UTC 2006

I am using these instructions to install Kubuntu onto my fakeRAID setup:
https://wiki.kubuntu.org/FakeRaidHowto

But the problem is that those instructions are for Ubuntu.

I figure I can follow the instructions exactly, except when I get to the
section titled "Installing the Base System":
https://wiki.kubuntu.org/FakeRaidHowto#head-b3ee9096ee8ca7f93e5fe6f2da2cc80cbf079eeb

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I follow those instructions exactly, except
change...

debootstrap breezy /target
debootstrap dapper /target

apt-get install ubuntu-base linux-386 ubuntu-desktop dmraid grub
apt-get install kubuntu-base linux-386 kubuntu-desktop dmraid grub

And that's all there is to it, right?

Also, is there another processor architecture besides 386 that is more
suited to my Athlon XP?

Thanks for the help.