laptop-mode disabled in kernel?

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 06:36:20 UTC 2006

Hi James,
thanks for the insight and no - I am not able to hack ext3 without
considerable learning curve. So what I will likely do is to go ext2 instead
since the XP extension actually see ext3 as ext2.

another newbie question (well I used unix in the early 90's, pre graphical
interface); is there any gain in having a separate boot partition contra /
and if so, how big should one make it?

cheers and thanx,
Sinclair