Amarok dead

James Gray james at grayonline.id.au
Mon Jan 16 22:45:46 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 17 January 2006 00:03, tudza wrote:
> I don't use it everyday, so I don't know if it is because of a recent
> update done through Adept or because I installed Tor software to run a
> Tor server.
>
> Every time I launch Amarok now it offers to send an email about it's crash.
>
> Suggestions? (besides "use xmms" which is what I'm doing at the moment)

I had all sorts of problems with the version of Amarok that comes with Breezy.
Install the latest version by adding the following lines
to /etc/apt/sources.list:

# Amarok
deb http://kubuntu.org/packages/amarok-latest breezy main

Then:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get -u upgrade

That should install Amarok 1.3.7.  Amarok 1.3.8 was released yesterday, but it
hasn't been packaged for Breezy yet...give it a few days (or so).

Cheers,

James
--
Language is a virus from another planet.
	-- William Burroughs