kde update notifier

Old Rocker old.rocker at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jan 15 01:09:25 UTC 2006

On Sunday 15 Jan 2006 00:11, Alessandro Pironi wrote:

> How can i know when an update is available? Should i remember to
> manually perform an apt-get upgrade every day or every week?
[snipped]

If you have installed KDE over the original Gnome desktop, update
notifier should still work as you have the Gnome system behind it and
running it.

In Gnome it sits in the top right hand corner.  I assume (because I have
not run it) that it would sit on your Desktop and notify you of
updates.

Personally, I do an aptitude update daily and if there are any changes,
do an aptitude upgrade. If there are extensive updates, I might even do
an aptitude dist-upgrade.  That's why I think it unnecessary.
--

Old Rocker