Kubuntu and ADSL?

Rob Blomquist rob at robandmegan.net
Mon Jan 9 00:54:20 UTC 2006

On Sunday 08 January 2006 1:47 pm, Patrick Trettenbrein so eloquently stated:
> Hi list,
>
> I'd really like to install Kubuntu on my system (at the moment I'm on
> OpenSuSE 10.0), but afaik there's no method to configure an ADSL modem with
> Kubuntu? I already Googl'ed this topic, but all I found have been
> complaints of frustrated users. ;) So anybody here on this list who can
> provide me some good links? If so you'll have a new member in the Kubuntu
> world soon! :)

ADSL works fine over here. At least with my ADSL connection which is connected
to this machine through a router.

Configure an ADSL modem? Huh? I have never had to do that. Mine just hooks
right up and turns on, then hums right along until it is physically
disconnected.