DSL Problem

Richard Reyes lord.richard at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 18:17:16 UTC 2006

Hi All,

Heres some info.

sandman at earlgrey:~$cat  /etc/network/interfaces

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
address 127.0.0.1
netmask 255.0.0.0

# This is a list of hotpluggable network interfaces.
# They will be activated automatically by the hotplug subsystem.
mapping hotplug
        script grep
        map eth0

iface eth1 inet

iface eth0 inet static
address 10.0.0.56
netmask 255.0.0.0

auto eth0
sandman at earlgrey:~$
sandman at earlgrey:~$
sandman at earlgrey:~$ ifconfig eth0
eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:12:3F:E8:0E:6A
          inet6 addr: fe80::212:3fff:fee8:e6a/64 Scope:Link
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 b)  TX bytes:324 (324.0 b)
          Interrupt:18

sandman at earlgrey:~$ route -n
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
sandman at earlgrey:~$
sandman at earlgrey:~$
sandman at earlgrey:~$ cat /etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 202.138.128.50
nameserver 202.138.128.2
sandman at earlgrey:~$
sandman at earlgrey:~$
sandman at earlgrey:~$
sandman at earlgrey:~$ sudo mii-tool eth0
Password:
eth0: negotiated 100baseTx-FD flow-control, link ok
sandman at earlgrey:~$
sandman at earlgrey:~$
sandman at earlgrey:~$ lspci | grep Eth
0000:03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4401-B0
100Base-TX (rev 02)
sandman at earlgrey:~$
sandman at earlgrey:~$
sandman at earlgrey:~$