Question on connecting to an Exchange server

Luka Renko 74.luka at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 18:11:43 UTC 2006

On 2/23/06, Jonathan Jesse <jjesse at iserv.net> wrote:

> What are my options for using Kubuntu connected to a Exchange server?
> Will Kontact et all help me out?

If  your exchange server has IMP and SMTP enabled (I think it is enabled by
default), it will just work.

This is my default setup at work: Kontact/KMail using disconnected IMAP to
Exchange Server 2003.
You will also be able to configure LDAP Lookup in order to list e-mail
address list on Exchange Server.
It is also possible to upload/download contacts and calendar (no sync) with
proprietary way (but Exchange Server has to have WebDAV/WebGUI enabled).

If you have any problem, let me know and I will try to help you out with
detail instructions.

Regards,
Luka