hei guys

Robert Parker rlp1938 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 13:33:27 UTC 2006

Hi Pradish,

On 2/13/06, pradhish kumar <pradhishkumar at yahoo.com> wrote:
> hey guys
>           i m quite new to kubuntu and i tried it juz to find out that i
> cannot new apps because there is no c compiler in it or any sort of
> compiling things.

apt-get install build-essential

also it doest play mp3 files because i cannot install
> anything. can anyone help me of how to get over it i really like th
> environment but this installation thing beets the hell out of me.

Ubuntu is a legal entity - they can be sued unlike the Debian anarchy.
You can install stuff that looks after mp3 but you do have to jump
through some hoops, not at the tip of my fingers bur someone will
volunteer it. Try google on
'mplayer' for starters.

Bob