Can't find network card

James Gray james at grayonline.id.au
Thu Feb 9 21:35:53 UTC 2006

On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 23:45, guido dom wrote:
> 2006/2/9, James Gray <james at grayonline.id.au>:
> > On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 20:01, guido dom wrote:
> > > 2006/2/9, James Gray:
> >
> > 2200B/G"

> > > Hello
> > >
> > > I have the same wificard in my ACER ASPIRE laptop and it does not
> > > work with ifconfig add and so on
> > > I have installed the drivers with ndiswrapper and it is recognised
> > > but gets no ipadres from dhcp
> > >
> > > etc/network (I use Xandros)/interfaces seems to be correct; it shows
> > > two interfaces eth0 (networkcard) and eth1 (wificard)
> > >
> > > What now?
> >
> > [Top posting fixed - DONT top mmkay?]
> >
> > Guido,
> >
> > Are you saying you have an Intel pro wireless card in your aspire?  If
> > so, you don't need NDIS wrapper - it's supported natively in Linux.
> > The specifics of installing under Xandros I can't comment on....never
> > used it. Although it wouldn't be too different to other Debian-based
> > distro's.
> >
> > Maybe ask on a Xandrox list?
>
> Sorry, misunderstanding, probably from my side
> It is an IPN2220 (Inprocom) card

[Top posting fixed - *again*.  Seriously dude, don't top post ]

Guido,

OK, so it's IPN2200.  No biggie. These work (from all reports I've seen)
with NDIS Wrapper.  Did you follow the installation procedure:

http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/index.php/Ubuntu

It's pretty straight forward from what I can see.

James
--
The most serious doubt that has been thrown on the authenticity of the
biblical miracles is the fact that most of the witnesses in regard to