desktop not refreshing, mimes screwed up?

Wafa Hakim wafa at email.arizona.edu
Tue Feb 7 17:00:14 UTC 2006

Todd Yarling wrote:
> For some reason, my Desktop isn't refreshing to show new files in ~/Desktop
> and when I click on my device icons, the mount/unmount dialogs aren't there
> anymore, how to fix?

I don't know about the desktop not refreshing, but for the devices, you may
need to add them in /etc/fstab. I had to do that on one of my systems to make
sure my flash drive & iPod are recognized. Additionally, you can right-click
the desktop & add a new device. That works too.

Wafa.

--
"One of the many major problems with governing people is that
of whom you get to do it; or rather of who manages to get