seg fault and panic after upgrading to kde 3.5.1 in dapper

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Thu Feb 2 19:17:53 UTC 2006

Bas Spitters wrote:

>dear list,
>
>After upgrading from kde 3.5.0 to kde 3.5.1 in kubuntu dapper and restarting I
>get:
>uncompressing linux
>segmentation fault
>....(10x ?)
>segmentation fault
>0segmentation fault             (notice the 0)
>
>and more panic.
>
>Could this be caused by the upgrade? I am surprised, but it's the only
>explanation I have.
>[There's one thing that seemed unusual: aptitude removed hotplug and installed
>hal. Could this have been the cause?]
>
>What can I do now, except from a complete reinstall (to Breezy!) ? :-(

KDE 3.4.3 uses hal also.

--

Art Alexion

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for alarm.
Info @ http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/signature.asc.what.html

Key for signed PDFs available at
http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/ArthurSAlexion.p7c