how to disable media:/ feature?

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Thu Feb 2 19:15:15 UTC 2006

Derek Broughton wrote:

>Art Alexion wrote:
>

>>Urtzi Jauregi wrote:
>>

>>>I had that problem and solved it just now (in KDE 3.5) by disabling the
>>>media notifier daemon(*). In the Control Center, go to KDE Components ->
>>>Service Manager and, in the lower window, disable the "Media Notifier
>>>Daemon" but *not* the "KDED Media Manager". I suspect that the latter
>>>makes KDE detect media insertion/removal, while the former does all the
>>>interaction with the user.
>>>
>>>It works perfectly for me now.
>>>
>>>- G. K. -
>>>
>>>(*) The KDE Control Center calls it "Deamon" -- Does this qualify as a
>>>bug?
>>>

>>No such daemon in KDE 3.4.3.  Could it be Kmilo?
>>

>No.  I'm certain it's a 3.5 addition

How stable is 3.5?  I am getting some annoying problems* with 3.4.3;
should 3.5 fix them or just break some more?

*CD-ROM drawer randomly opens -- both when in use and dormant.  Can't
stop konqueror from opening, without also stopping the desktop icon
feature, too.

--

Art Alexion

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for alarm.
Info @ http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/signature.asc.what.html

Key for signed PDFs available at
http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/ArthurSAlexion.p7c