Converting MP3 to WAV

anthony baldwin anthonybaldwin at optonline.net
Sat Dec 30 22:54:24 UTC 2006

Grumpy_Penguin wrote:

>On Saturday 30 December 2006 12:44, Rebel Lion wrote:
>

>>On Sunday 31 December 2006 07:36, Chris Gow wrote:
>>

>>>Hello all:
>>>
>>>I have a few MP3s that I would like to burn onto a CD. However, I am
>>>having issues converting the MP3 to WAV/getting K3B to burn the CD.
>>>Whenever I try to drag the MP3 in K3B it says its an unsupported format.
>>>Playing MP3s works fine though.
>>>
>>>thanks
>>>
>>>-- chris
>>>

>>I think you probably need to Install libk3b2-mp3, though there is no reason
>>you can't just put them on a data cdr as is.
>>

>When you convert them back you will lose quality..but if you must
>install Audacity import each .MP3 file export as .wav file
>then burn them

http://www.mpg123.de/

 for i in *.mp3; do mpg123 -w `basename $i .mp3`.wav $i; done

or

http://www.mp3dev.org/mp3/

for i in *.mp3; do lame --decode $i `basename $i .mp3`.wav; done

or

http://www.mars.org/home/rob/proj/mpeg/

 for i in *.mp3; do lame --decode $i `basename $i .mp3`.wav; done

/tony

--
http://www.baldwinlinguas.com
http://www.photodharma.com