OT: way to make windows less obnoxious?

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 06:32:10 UTC 2006

That was a whole bunch of issues so I will top-post a few hints;
for changing Windows look go find Windowblinds or Object Desktop (just
google). You should find just about every issue you raised there,
taskbars, look/feel etc. And there is a free version of Windowblinds

As for "not messing up XP install" in my experience it is pretty
riskfree, I never had a problem. But do burn the recovery CDs, they
should assist you to reinstall XP but will likely overwrite Kubuntu.

As for the rest, battery etc etc, either go through
ubuntuforums/kubuntuforums or simply give it a go. The LiveCD might
help. And btw - I would go Dapper, not Edgy... even if Edgy is supposed
to be better with laptops.

Sinclair