Printing pictures

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Dec 23 20:01:19 UTC 2006

On Saturday 23 December 2006 10:31, D. Michael McIntyre wrote:
>On Saturday 23 December 2006 8:53 am, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Folks come in here and lambast gimp-print-plugin without ever giving
>> it a chance & its getting a bit old...
>
>Reading back over the thread, it is clear to me that all three of us who
>responded *have*, in fact, given the thing a chance.  By "without ever
> giving it a chance" I think you must mean "without ever getting it
> working."
>
>They're not the same thing.
>
>I've read back over what I said, and I find that it was calm,
> reasonable, and by no means a lambast.
>
>Thank you for publishing a recipe that might achieve some good result
> with that thing.
>
>Unfortunately, I won't be making use of it, because I no longer own a
> color printer.
>
>> as the default, things will improve.  In the meantime, send them
>> nastygrams asking when they'll switch.
>
>Or better still, ask them politely, so your request is less likely to be
>ignored.

Chuckle, one must occasionally point out that gimp-print is now something
like 3 years old, and that gutenprint is still being actively developed
by the same very knowledgeable people from the same code base, only the
name has changed.

Sugar coating may make it more palletable, but the facts ARE the facts.
But yes, some sugar is needed in many cases where the packagers aren't
particularly interested in quality hard copy.  Robert K. cannot demand
they switch, but if enough users ask, it will probably happen.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)