increase mic volume

nutchanat sattayakawee diiar at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 23 17:06:25 UTC 2006

Hi
Now, I find that my microphone must have some problem.
Before, it worked fine but now the volume of my
microphone is too soft that the person on the other
end of my line can't hear me when I'm using skype or
other apps. I don't know why. Do you know how to check
or how to increase the volume of the microphone? I
searched on the internet and I found this command to
increase the headphone volume and this is the result :

diiar at diiar-laptop:~$ amixer sset Headphone 1+
Simple mixer control 'Headphone',0
  Capabilities: pswitch
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback [on]
  Front Right: Playback [on]

But nothing changes. My microphone is still too soft.
I would like to make sure that it's my mic that
doesn't work well or the settings.
Please help me find the solution if you know.

Thank you in advance.
Diiar