VNC Viewer

Howard Coles Jr. dhcolesj at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 22:13:08 UTC 2006

On Friday 22 December 2006 12:09 pm, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> I'm having problems with vncviewer and xvncviewer (I think that they
> are the same program). When I start it from the command line I get a
> very small window that says "VNC Server:" and there I suppose that I
> am to enter the foriegn address, such as "12.34.56.78:1234", which I
> do. There is no OK button, so I simply press Enter on the keyboard.
> After a few seconds I get a windows that says "Server Dialog" in the
> title bar, with a small textbox and nothing else. I tryed entering my
> password into there and pressed Enter, but that did nothing.
>
> So, how does one use this utility? Are there any alternatives? Thanks.
>
> Dotan Cohen

You get this figured out, and I'd like to know how.
I have tried to find out how to get vnc to run on edgy, and it just wont!

You should just be able to run vncserver on the machine you want to remotely
control,
then run vncviewer ipaddress:displaynumber on the client machine.  Enter the
server's password, and your in.  Now, if you want  to remotely control an
active session, you'd use x11vnc as the server side process.  However, that's
not what I wanted to do.

--
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.