Foreign words

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 20:38:16 UTC 2006

On 19/12/06, Neil Winchurst <neil at holsdevon.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:
>  Yes that is what I meant. I had already found the 'Configure Character
> Selector' option. However it was not obvious how I could add or delete any
> characters in the list. I have now removed some that I don't want and added
> some that I do. Now I can easily include such words as fiancée or café and
> even garçon. I have also included ¼, ½ and ¾. There is plenty of choice and
> it is so easy and just what I was looking for. Thanks for all the help
>
>  Neil Winchurst

Neil, if you are going to use those characters then I suggest that you
make sure that others can see them. Don't send email in HTML, and make
sure that you use utf-8 encoding. Any other encoding wil depend upon
the recipricant using the same encoding, a requirement that is out of
your hands. If you need help in setting up your email client properly,
ask here. Be sure to mention which email client you use, and the
output of the "locale" command.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/webpage.html
http://technology-sleuth.com/long_answer/what_is_a_cellphone.html