question on dual monitors?

Vayu vayu at sklinks.com
Tue Dec 19 18:12:56 UTC 2006

Jonathan Jesse wrote:

> Thanks for the help, according to System Settings -> Dispaly & Montitor
> under the Hardware section the Driver is ati and the Graphics card is ati.
>  Is it as simple as apt-get isntall flglrx and flgrx-control?

The fglrx driver itself is in the linux-restricted-modules.

So you'll have to find out your kernel version using:
uname -r

Then install the linux-restricted-modules for that kernel. Also install
fglrx-control.

You can use apt-get, synaptic, adept or any of the package managers.

Then you'll have to change an entry in your /etx/X11/xorg.conf file.

There'll be an entry for the video device that will probably be set to
ati that you will change to fglrx.

This is an overview off the top of my head. I believe there is a step by
step page on the wiki.