How to fix a broken account?

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at
Sat Dec 16 00:19:48 GMT 2006

On Friday 15 December 2006 5:48 pm, Thomas Sperre wrote:

> I also created another user, and voila, problems are not there. I think
> what I have to do is somehow restore the troubled account using default
> values or values from the new user account that did not have any trouble.
> However, how do I do that?

Since it sounds like this is probably all related to your KDE config, probably
the thing to do here would be to set your current ~/.kde off to the side,
take a copy of the generic one from the new user, then manually copy in the
config files from your saved directory that would cost you the most time to
reconfigure from scratch (eg. kmailrc).

Are these suggestions too generic?

D. Michael McIntyre