KDE Question -- Is this specific to Kubuntu?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 22:28:26 UTC 2006

On 08/12/06, Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca> wrote:

> Argh!!! Very funny :-)  The problem is that I keep holding the key down too
> long.  A nice Windows (<spit!>) feature is that when that happens, it
> suspects you may have keyboard difficulties and pops up a message asking if
> you want the Accessibility options turned on.  If you tell it not to bother
> you again, it won't, otherwise iirc it asks how long it should wait before
> doing this sort of thing.  Even MS gets things right sometimes.

The behaviour that you are referring to is for activating Sticky Keys,
a feature that KDE has as well (I use it). The
CTRL-Get-Numbers-for-Links feature MS's IE does not have. The only
other browser that has it built in is Opera, and it is available as an
extension to Firefox (I use it).

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/html.html
http://nirot.com