I applied mkswap on root partition: help!

Lord Sauron lordsauronthegreat at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 23:22:13 UTC 2006

I don't know about recovery, but you'll need to reformat your drive to
begin using Linux again.  There are ways to recover data, assuming
that the swap partition was not written to.  However, I'm not familiar
with any recovery techniques, though I do know that most of them start
with a Live CD.

On 12/4/06, Donatas G. <dgvirtual at akl.lt> wrote:
> Today i did mkswap on my root partition
>
> mkswap /dev/hda5
>
> Dont ask me why because i already feel very stupid. And of course the system
> no longer boots.

Not as stupid as I felt after unmerging GCC on Gentoo.  Dang, that was nasty...

--