Kubuntu for Windows users - alternate install

Bill bill at richard19.plus.com
Wed Aug 30 09:21:48 UTC 2006

Hello,

Welcome to the club.  See my question of 23/08/06 - Kubuntu installation
problems.  I have found that my problem is that the file
/etc/apt/sources.list is completely commented out by the installer because
it does not (according to the installer) verify.  I have tried to edit the
file to uncomment the links to the repositories but, try as I may, I cannot
change the permissions with chmod.  It has been suggested that I have to
configure my modem differently for Linux.  It worked "out of the box" with
XP and I want to keep it that way. Best of luck.

Bill.