KDED Failure

Bill Hartwell raven at macmanusnet.net
Sat Aug 26 09:47:38 UTC 2006

I had a system crash with Kontact open, and now whenever I load KDE I
get a set of three error messages, all of which say that the KDED
daemon has failed, but no further information. And I can't load a
backtrace because (according to the backtrace window) the default KDE
installation in Kubuntu is not set up for debugging.

Where should I look for crap that I need to clean out to get my KDED
daemon running again? I'd really kind of like to be able to use
things like the Wallet, rather than having to type my passwords into
Kontact every time I try to connect to one of my email accounts.